So I spent the weekend shopping in Portland, Maine- and I think I have a love-hate relationship with shopping. I love to buy things that I really want, but I hate to try on ten million ski jackets to find the perfect one. I love Christmas shopping for others, but I hate when I buy something and find another great gift for that person at another store. I love the Christmas feeling while shopping, yet I hate the crowds of people that I have to share the mall with. I love finding that perfect parking spot just steps from the door, I hate having to drive around and waiting 20 minutes for that spot. I love my kids, but I hate shopping with them. And lastly, I love chomping on the yummy samples at the Hickory Farms stand, I hate the fact that I'm going to buy every type of cheese/ sausage/ and dipping sauce I've sampled.
All and all we had a great weekend in Maine. The kids had birthday money burning a hole in their pockets and so they were happy to spend it. Jeremy was making mental notes of what he and the kids want for Christmas. Collin was loving all of the bright lights of the mall. And Princess loved having quiet time in the car while we shopped. We also managed to hang out at the beach Saturday morning. Yes, it was cold, but it was so great to be by the ocean again. We also celebrated our "newest teenager to the block"'s birthday there. I can't believe Jason's 13 today! We ate lobsters at Weathervane, which was totally amazing- absolute heaven! Jason had the 'Lazy Man' Lobster (which is a dinner with 2 lobsters already shelled out), I had the twin lobster dinner (yes indeed, 2 lobsters), Jeremy had chicken alfredo (our non-seafood eater), and Calvin had buttery sea scallops. We were also joined in Portland by our good friends the Horsley's for shopping and dinner. And of course we embarassed Jason by having the entire staff sing to him. We also took the boys to see Twilight. Calvin thought it was great, like the rest of us. Jason on the other hand had mixed feelings, but he says he liked it even though he mocked it. What do boys know about romance anyway?
1 comment:
I am glad that you guys had a good weekend. Happy Birthday Jason. You are getting too old. We will give you a call tomorrow (I know that it will be a day too late).
Post a Comment