Monday, August 24, 2009

I know I'm spoiled!

We just had a fantastic weekend, despite the rain, with our friends the MacDonald's. They drove up on Friday afternoon and stayed until Sunday afternoon. On Friday we went to a really good chinese restaurant in Littleton, then came home and had a movie night with treats- of course we had a shrimp ring for Dan. On Saturday Dan and Marje headed down to Raymond to pick up their oldest daughter from girls camp, while the rest of us slept in. We then met up with them in Tilton for some SHOPPING!!!! It was so fun to shop with the MacDonald girls, and the boys actually bought some things too. I love shopping in Tilton! And of course my husband who spoils me bought me a new Coach handbag. I absolutely love it! We also made a stop at our favorite chocolatier, the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We snacked on caramel-chocolate apples, english toffee, orange sticks, and chocolate dipped potato chips. After snacking and shopping we headed down the street to the movie theater to watch Shorts. The theater we went to was like no other theater I've been to. After buying the tickets we picked up our menus, yup I said 'Menu'. We walked into the theater and in it had tables that could seat 10, the chairs were leather recliners, and at the front of the room was the big screen. The food at the theater ranged from Big Salads to Burgers with everything- Seafood platters- and of course my favorite... dessert! I had a Buffalo Roam Chicken Sandwich and Pretty Woman Strawberry Shortcake, Jeremy had The Mexican salad, Jason had the Jimmy Olsen burger, and Calvin had the Lex Luther burger. Anywhoo, we've decided that we'll be going back down there to watch movies. After the movie we went shopping again, and then headed home. I was exhausted by the time we got home and went to sleep. In fact everyone over the age of 18 went to bed, while the kids stayed up until who knows when. Sunday we got up, ate, and got ready for church. Sam was feeling a little out of her element as she was the only girl in her class, and there were only 2 others in the class. After church we got changed and bbq'd, while Dan and the kids went fishing in the backyard, and the teenagers were on the computer. Dan and the kids caught 3 brook trout which ended up being part of the bbq- sooo yummy! Then the fun was over and they had to pack up and head home. We love when the MacDonald's come to visit!

1 comment:

Stephen and Heather said...

I have seen those theaters that let you dine also. I have wondered if the food is good. I think that would be one of the best dates. You can do dinner and a movie at the same time. Glad you had fun!