So I'm blogging today... since I haven't for a while. Sorry no pictures on this entry. I have to get some from my sister, brother, and mother, since I didn't have my camera on me at all times once again.
Last week we had an awesome Thanksgiving Week in Toronto. Yes, I know the Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving in October. It didn't matter they celebrated with us anyway. We are definitely exhausted from a week of fun. Here's the break down of what went on during our fun and crazy week.
Saturday- left our house at 6:00 am instead of 4:00 am because the power went out the night before and the alarms did not go off, and we also couldn't pack in the dark. Arrived at Vanessa's at 3:00 pm. Got unpacked and sat around. Dinner reservations at Imperial Buffet for 6:00 pm. Ate so much I could feel my eyeballs starting to pop out! And by the way, this is an awesome place to eat!!! Dropped the husbands and kids off at the house. Vanessa and I went to see New Moon.
Sunday- slept in and skipped out on church. Took Sydney out for the afternoon. Went to lunch at a yummy Jamaican restaurant- loved the oxtail and rice, and Jeremy loved his curry and roti. Went to the mall- Sydney showed her Uncle Jeremy everything that was her "favorite". Fortunately he made a deal with her that she could go to the mall if and only if she wouldn't have a fit, and that the only thing she was allowed to buy was ice cream. Uncle Jeremy's eyes about pop out of his head when Sydney showed him the Swaroski swan she wants him to buy her for her birthday- the price $6500. But of course Sydney has her Uncle Jeremy wrapped around her finger, she settles for a necklace instead- and of course they had ice cream.
Monday- went to Niagara Falls. Checked into the Great Wolf Lodge. Went swimming and rode the most insane waterslides. Had dinner at the Antler Shanty. Went shopping in the hotel store. Bought stuff for Sydney- of course. Played in the arcade- love Dance Revolution. Tried to go to bed, but all of the boys were playing in our room.
Tuesday- Breakfast buffet at the hotel. Went swimming again and lost what was left of my voice on the waterslides. Packed up and checked out. Drove by the falls. Ate at Harvey's for lunch- I love their hamburgers! Drove back to Vanessa's in rush hour traffic- took us 3 hours to get home. Went to bed absolutely exhausted.
Wednesday- slept in- yeah! Took the boys to see New Moon. They can talk trash all they want, I know they loved it! Took them to Mr. Greek for lunch- super yummy!!! Went to Brendan's volleyball game- too cute! Brendan actually got a spike in- GO BB! And yes Auntie Mel was the loudest cheerleader in the crowd! Went back to the house to drop off the boys. Went shopping for Thanksgiving dinner stuff. Hooray for Canadian Tire, they had an Igloo cooler for the root beer. And to end the day I had a 45 minute massage (sigh)...
Thursday- THANKSGIVING DAY!!! Got up at 8:00 am and started cooking. Menu: 2 Fryed Turkeys, 80 Raviolis, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green been casserole, sweet potato casserole, baby carrots, cranberry sauce, gravy, coconut cream pie, apple pie, apple crisp, and home-made root beer (woot-woot!) SUPER YUMMY!!! After a long day of cooking, eating, and cleaning up, then the madness began- LIMBO COMPETITION!!! It was absolutely hilarious! I never realized how limber Calvin was.
Friday- slept in (now when I say "slept in" all that means is that I didn't get up earlier than 7:00am). Took the 'little guys' to "Little Feet" gym. They were so cute playing on everything and they were so pooped by the time we got home. Then took the 'BIG guys' to Neb's. Had an awesome time racing the go-karts, bumping the kids in the bumper cars, and bowling. Made it home for Lola's famous ham- yummy! Then went back to Neb's (9 of us) to race the go-karts again and to bowl. Got back at 12:00 am, not good when you haven't packed to go home the next day and the anticipated time for leaving is 8:00 am.
Saturday- slept in, packed, ate breakfast, and headed back home at 12:00- a little later than we had planned, but that's okay. Got home at 10:30 pm. Unpacked, and passed out!
So that in a nut shell was our fun Thanksgiving Week in Canada! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment