Monday, December 21, 2009

What 'Family' Means to Me

So at this time of year it's easy for me to be grateful for my many blessings. I have a wonderful husband who loves and adores me- and I'm not just saying that because we've been married for almost fifteen years, he actually tells me this every day- I just love him so much! I have a teenager that loves and trusts me enough to share his personal thoughts with me- I'm so very thankful for this because everyone knows how teenagers are. I have a pre-teen who loves me like he did when he was three- I still get me nightly hugs and kisses from him. I have a one-year old that loves me like only a one-year old can- lots of cuddles, giggles, and even kisses. I have a dad and mom who love and support everything I do no matter who crazy an idea sounds, talk about love. I have a sister who I love because she is always my listening ear and we have a great time together. I have a brother who I love because he's just too fun- just ask my kids. I have four nephews who I love because they love their Auntie Mel no matter how crazy I am when I cheer for them at their volleyball and soccer games- haven't gotten kicked out yet. I have a beautiful niece who I love because she thinks the world of her Auntie Mel and Uncle Jeremy- and she has us wrapped around her little finger. I have a father & mother-in-law who I love because all they ever want from us is to be happy. I have a brother & sister-in-law who I love because they're always there for us and understands our complaints. I have 7 little nephews who I love because when we get to spend time with them it's always a great time- and some of them are not so little anymore. I have two sister-in-laws and a niece that I love and I wish we saw more often. I have lots of tita's and tito's (aunts and uncles) that I love because they're just like my parents. I love my cousins because they are just like my siblings even though we don't get to see each other very often.

I have so many wonderful memories of family and especially at this time of year I am reminded of how I love and am loved by the family members in my life. So thank you to my family! I love and miss you all! I hope that you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!

1 comment:

Bickham Family said...

Hi Melanie! I'm back to blogging. It's fun to go and get caught up on your family on your cute blog! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!