Monday, April 12, 2010

(Sigh) April-time means....

April is almost half-way done. And April-time means tax time- UGH!!! Tax season is always a shot at the pocket-book for us. Lots of money given to an ungrateful government who over spends. It's just a bitter season for some of us. I'm very grateful that I have a spouse that provides for our family, but it just bothers me that not only does he have to pay an obscene amount of taxes on every paycheck, but a lump sum every spring. He has worked darn hard to get to where he is. Years of school, working crappy jobs to get by, doing without. And of course it just can't be a walk in the park just because he's in the real world now. Taxes- bleh! It also bothers me to know that there are people out there who squander their tax return monies. The purpose of tax returns is to help one get back on their feet, possibly paying off bills, savings, etc. Tax time is just an ugly time.


On a happier note it is also time to plan vacations for the summer~ YEAH!!! We will be making our trip to Utah this summer a little earlier than usual. Jeremy's sister will be getting married so we'll be there for about 2 weeks. Then we're expecting our summer guests to come and visit. My sister and her family will be visiting us for a week when we get back from Utah. I'm excited to take the little ones to Storyland. And I'm looking forward to going hiking on some new trails with the kids. We'll also be taking a trip to Toronto. This trip we're planning on either renting a cottage up in the Muskoka region or at Sherkston Shores. I'm excited about this trip because not only will we be relaxing on the beach, but we're also going to make sure that we go to the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition...aka: The X). I haven't been to the X since I was a teenager, and I've always wanted to bring Jeremy and the kids, so this should be fun.

So I have some mixed feelings about April, but I don't think I'm the only one.

No comments: