Friday, October 22, 2010

Reality!

"Mom! There's snow on the car!" Yes, we just had our first snow of the 2010-2011 winter season. I have mixed feelings about winter at this tiime of year. I think about...ugh... how much the oil will cost us to heat the house this winter, how many times I'll need the driveway plowed (and how much that'll cost), and how much the presents will cost (we have 2 birthdays in October, 4 birthdays in November, 1 birthday in December, Christmas presents, anniversary in January, 1 birthday in February, 1 birthday in March) and also we have a Quincenearo to pay for in November.
Then I start thinking about... Yeah!... I love Halloween! I love all of the birthdays~even mine! I love Christmas! I even love New Year's (because it's another day I get to spend with my family since they're off from work and school)! I love seeing the freshly fallen snow on the trees and in the yard~ so beautiful! And I do love the winter!
So I guess that's the reality of it, winter's great in my book!

1 comment:

Stephen and Heather said...

Good attitude. There aren't many that can look on the bright side of things.