Thursday, April 21, 2011

Our Trip to Portland, Oregon and Seattle, WA~ and every place in between!

What a week! The pictures are yet to be posted, but here's what happened...

Tuesday- Every time we go on a trip I anticipate something unexpected. I did all of my errands this day, which included dropping Jeremy off at work because our little car was getting new tires on her. After dropping of Jeremy, I then dropped off Princess at her spa/kennel (about an hour away from Jeremy's work). Then I picked up the last minute things I needed for the trip. I then picked up Jeremy from work. On the way home we noticed a strong vibration and burning smell from the back tires. We picked up the little car from the shop and had them check the big car's back tires. And of course the "unexpected" happened, our brake calipers seized up and were burning through our rotars. At 5 pm, not too many shops can get this work done, which meant the big car would now be in the shop for a couple of days. Which also meant we would be driving the small car down to Boston to catch our flight. So we packed up the small car, squished the two younger kids and myself into the back seat, Jeremy drove, and Jason was in the front seat. 3 hours of super closeness! Then we spent the night at a hotel down by the airport~ I think I slept 3 hours.

Wednesday- We packed our stuff onto the airport shuttle and headed to the airport at 5 am. With little sleep I had very little patience! Checked in at the AA desk~ very easy. Got through security~ very easy. And then waited for our 7 am flight. Boarding~ very easy. Waiting to take off and Collin falls asleep once we get taxiing from the gate~ hooray! He slept the entire flight to Chicago. Land in Chicago and ate our yummy lunches, Jeremy and I had Chicago Dogs, Calvin had the Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, and Jason has Chinese food (no surprise there). We then get boarded for our next leg of the trip to Seattle. On the flight, Collin plays with his toys, watches his Max & Ruby DVD, and then falls asleep before we land. Another good flight. Claim our baggage and hop in our rental mini-van, and then head to Portland, Oregon. On the way to Portland we make a dinner stop at Sizzler~ yummy! We get to Portland and check in to the hotel. Unpack and pass out since we're totally exhausted from traveling.

Thursday- Woke up way too early 3 am, which is 6 am our time. All of us got ready to go out, had breakfast at the hotel, and we were out the door by 8:30 am. Spent the day exploring downtown Portland! Yes it rained, but that didn't stop us. We've learned to just do everything rain or shine. Shopped at the mall downtown, the kids watched a movie, Jeremy/Collin/and I walked over to VooDoo Donuts and ordered the famous maple bacon's, the voodoo doll, the Memphis mafia, the triple chocolate, and a couple more I can't remember. I think I could eat the maple bacon bar every day they are so yummy! We then headed back to the movie theater to pick up the boys. We then headed to Pirate Cove mini golf- indoor and in the dark. Then headed back to the hotel to drop off the donuts and shopping bags and get a rest before dinner. For dinner we went to Red Robin with Jeremy's cousin Adrianne and her family. What a nice visit we had with them, and the burgers were great too! After dinner we headed back to the hotel and that was the end of the day!

Friday- Again an early wake up 4 am. Early breakfast at the hotel, got ready for another day out. Went to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, very fun trip. While there we watched an IMAX movie, had lunch, and enjoyed the exhibits. After the museum we headed to one of the "big" malls in Beaverton. All I can say is "My Boys Can SHOP!!!" and I have the receipts to prove it!!! We were too tired to go out for dinner so we ordered in Domino's. After pizza and watching a movie on the tele, I passed out.

Saturday- Up early 4 am, breakfast, got ready, packed up, and checked out. Headed to Seattle. Got to Seattle, unpacked, and headed out to see the city. Walked over to the Space Needle, had dinner, and walked around town. Back to the hotel and yes, passed out.

Sunday- Up early 5 am. Had breakfast, got ready to go out for the day. Walked over to the Space Needle and went up to see the city~ WOW! It was a beautiful day, you could see everything! Had lunch at the Space Needle Cafe~ Seattle Dog (it's a hot dog with cream cheese and onion-bacon jam. Sounds strange, but so yummy!) Then we hopped on the monorail and stopped at the mall downtown. We walked a few blocks down to the Public Market on the pier (aka Pike's Market). I was in grocery heaven. The fruits and veggies were so fresh. We were sampling a lot of it and bought a couple of things. We then headed to another pier to have dinner at THE CRAB POT. This is one of the restaurants featured on Man vs Food with Adam Richman. I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!! They steamed our dinner which inlcuded Alaskan King Crab, Snow Crab, Dungeness Crab, Shrimp, Mussels, Clams, Corn, Potatoes, and Andouille Sausage. Then they brought our dinner over and poured all of the yummy goodness onto the table. NO PLATES, just armed us with bibs, mallets, and shrimp forks. SO YUMMMMMMMY!!!! (Jeremy of course didn't order seafood, he had ribs, but tried the crab and liked it. There's hope for him yet!) After the scruptious dinner we walked around the pier and market, and then headed back to the hotel to sleep.

Monday- Went to Panera for breakfast (love). And then drove over to the first clinic. This went well!!!! Then we checked the area out. I think we found where we want to be. Just bummed around Seattle and shopped- happy boys. Had dinner and back to the hotel.

Tuesday- Checked out of hotel. Panera again (I think I mentioned we LOVE this place). Drove over to second clinic. Another successful visit. Checked out another area. We found another area where we want to be. One more visit for Jeremy, and success again. Drove to airport hotel and checked in. Went to dinner at the Olive Garden with Jason's friend from Ft. Riley- one of my "military nephews". Good to see Hezzy, looked the same, but taller and had a deeper voice. Hopefully we'll see him again soon. Back to the hotel and went to sleep.

Wednesday- Up at 3 am. We left for the airport at 4:30 am. Check in, security check, and boarded the plane at 5:30 am. Once again Collin fell asleep at the beginning of the flight and woke up in Chicago. Had a 3 hour lay over because of weather in Boston, but we didn't mind. Collin made 2 new friends who were waiting for their flight to San Francisco. These kids were so cute, they were calling Jeremy and I "Uncle" and "Auntie". Finally made it on our last leg to Boston. Collin watched his movie and fell asleep until we landed. Then we claimed our baggage and boarded the shuttle to the hotel where our car was parked. We all squished in our little car and Jeremy sped home without getting a speeding ticket. We brought the bags in, locked the door, and literally passed out!

It's good to be back home, but I wish we were still in Seattle! We had a great time, great shopping, great food, great company, great weather, it was just a great trip! Now we're back in Gorham, and yes it's snowing again- bleh!

1 comment: