Thursday, June 30, 2011

One for the Books!

So yesterday we were all in the kitchen talking while I was getting dinner finished, like any other night. Of course not paying any attention to Collin because I figured he was 'safe' being in the kitchen with all of us. After a few minutes I hear this cat-like noise. I turn around and there's Collin sitting in the Coleman drink cooler, no shirt or shorts on, just his diaper. So I go to pull him out and I realize he's actually stuck. The way he was sitting had his knee and foot completely stuck, along with the fact his sweaty skin gave no give. Jeremy comes over to help, he pulls on the cooler while I'm pulling on Collin, HE's DEFINITELY STUCK! At this point I'm freaking out because I can see his knee is now red, he's uncomfortable being in the sitting position he's in, and there was no way I was going to the ER with a kid in a cooler! So I yell for someone to get me the vegetable oil. Jeremy grabs the gallon of oil and I told him to pour it on Collin's body. He laughs at my dead serious face and then proceeds to pour. And VOILA! a totally lubed toddler is now FREE to cause more trouble! And unfortunately I have no pictures of this crazy child in the cooler.

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I feel bad about laughing...but HA HA HA HA HA! :D