Saturday, April 26, 2008
He's almost a TEENAGER! and I'm not ready for this.
This year has definitely been a "Growing Pains" year for us. Jason has been morphing into a teenager. And as a mom, I'm just not ready for my little boy to be a teenager. Today I drove him to a birthday party for one of his friends. He's been to birthday parties before, but for some reason this one was different. Before the party Jason had an outfit picked out and even had me fix his hair, and I could smell a hint of cologne on him. When we got into the van I was asking him questions about who would be at the party and what they would be doing there. Then when I drove up to the house I saw all of the kids hanging around having a good time with the music blasting and there were so many of them. That's when it really hit me, this was a party! Not a watch a video and eat pizza party, not a pin the tail on the donkey party, but an actual party! Jason said, "I'll call you later mom, bye." No hug or kiss good-bye, and then he waved to me so that I would leave. I know that we've taught Jason well and that he makes good choices so I'm not worried about his behavior. What bothers me is that he's not a little kid anymore. I can't believe he's turning into an actual teenager!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I agree completely that Jason is an awesome kid. I am not looking forward to going through this in a couple of years with Ky. It's hard to let them grow up.
I know the feeling. Watching our kids grow up can be very difficult!! That is why it is so wonderful that we have our faith & the community with in that faith to help keep our kids safe. Here in Co, it is not easy for Sierra to find activities other than church to be with church friends. We are very pleased that she has chosen friends who hold her same high level of standards, no matter what the faiths. Now I just pray she can get through the rest of her teen years this easily!
<3 Wendy
Wow, I'm glad that you get to go through all this stuff first, so that you can give me pointers when our boys become teens! :)
Post a Comment