I don't think I've been so uncomfortable in all of my life. Of course the 'little guy' is constantly working out his frustrations of being in the womb- I get about 2 to 3 hours of sleep before he starts up again. And the heat hasn't been helping the situation either. Today it 100 degrees! Too hot for me! Not only was it hot, but the humidity was ridiculous. I am so looking forward to moving to the North-East.
So we had a visit to the Dr's this week. Of course he just dreads when he sees my name on his roster. I give him such a hard time with all of the questions and comments I make. He actually asked me, "Why do you bother coming in? You already know what I'm going to say and what we're going to do." I just laughed. Then he said that he appreciates when I come in because we actually have interesting conversation. Anyway, he adjusted my insulin levels (no surprise there, I told him that I would need to adjust it about 2 CC's- he confirmed that I was right with my calculations.) He also measured me and I'm a little big- no surprise there. What was nice to know is that I've gained about 18 lbs so far, and that it's all around my mid-section. Whoo-hoo, all baby! I've tried to be good about my weight gain this time. For Jason and Calvin I gained about 60 lbs each time, so my goal this time was to stay under 25 lbs. I am also carrying noticeably lower now and I'm feeling contractions, which is very different from my other pregnancies. Because I've dropped a bit I'm going to have to cut down on exercising- not happy about that one. But the Dr. says that I need my rest more than the exercise. Anyway, all is looking good and now we're just waiting for him to get here.
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I hope you don't have an 18 lb baby!!! JK. Glad everything is going well. I completely understand about the heat. I am having a hard time this summer as well and I am not preg. I remember with Kylan it was Feb. and I would sit by the window with the mega-fan blowing on me while it was snowing outside and still be sweating. Just remember...Soon, the baby is coming soon and that is when all the fun starts!!!!
i so don't envy you right now...except for all the usual ways that I envy you... ;)
Post a Comment