Thursday, July 24, 2008

Needing our prayers

Today I've actually had time to think about things in my life (other than being hot this summer). Jeremy and I have been so blessed and we have so much to be thankful for. We have: a great marriage -we're best friends and we always have a great time together, two handsome healthy boys and one on the way, we have new opportunities coming our way with the different practices that have been talking to Jeremy, we have our health, and we have the Gospel in our lives. I am so thankful for everything we have been blessed with.

I guess reality usually hits me when bad things happen.

Today our very good friends Rachel and Aaron had their baby, I believe his name is going to be Owen. From early on in the pregnancy they were told that Owen was going to have a birth defect- he has an open spinal bifida, which is an open hole in his spine. Having Owen was always the decision which I totally commend them for. Tomorrow Owen will be having a surgery to help close the opening and hopefully help him in the future. We are praying for all of them.

Also today I received news about my other good friend Hollie. She got pregnant a month and a half after I did. I received a message from her that she went into pre-term labor the other day and delivered Kenadie, who is 1 lb 15 oz. We're praying for them too.

I think this is hitting too close to home for us and it just breaks my heart.

I am happy to say that our cousin's baby, who was also pre-term, is doing very well. We pray for Jonah and his health.

Please keep these new little one's in your prayers.

1 comment:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Thanks for the reminders to count my blessings. My prayers will be with those little ones too.