Thursday, August 14, 2008

Hooray for contractions!

It's kind of silly to feel this way, but I'm so happy my contractions are coming along. I would like this little one to be here next week if possible. I'm usually not a very nice person when it comes to the end of the 3rd trimester. Anyway, I was at the dr's this morning (this is usually my routine every other day), and they did my usual NST (monitoring the baby's heart and movements). While I was there they also monitored 3 contractions during the first hour. It worried them, but when don't they worry about me. If there were 6 during the hour they would have admitted me and our little one would most likely be on his way. So for now I'm just at home... waiting... The Dr. doesn't think it will be long now.

Side bar: Today was Jason and Calvin's first day of school. Jason was "too cool" for his mom to walk him to school so he bolted out the door as I was brushing my teeth. So I walked Calvin to his school. He was pretty excited to start school today. Anyway, I picked him up for lunch since it was only a half day. When we got home Jason and Jeremy were just walking up the sidewalk and we all had lunch. Apparently Calvin didn't want to hurt my feelings this morning by telling me he didn't want me walking him to school- this is what he was telling Jeremy. And then he continued about his day and the "horror and absolute embarrassment" he felt when he saw me at lunch, nice eh? I guess I won't be walking anyone to school for a while- it's just not cool to have your mom walk with you I guess.

1 comment:

Malik and Melissa Marx Hamilton said...

Yeah!! I am excited for you to be nearing the end. I didn't get to brave the summer all big and pregnant this go around. Its funny because my "due date" is next Sunday. Babies are so much fun though and you will have two brother helpers so it should be a breeze. :)
**Melissa