At this time of year I like to reflect on the many blessings that have been bestowed upon me and my family over the years. I have so much to be thankful for.
Every day I think about how grateful I am for my husband and the wonderful man he is. With him it's like having the warm sunshine on my face to wake me up every morning. And when I go to bed a night I know I will have the sweetest dreams. Every day I love him more than the day before, and I honestly did not think I could love some one so much. He knows me so well, it's like he's always known me even before we met. He makes me a better me!
I am so very thankful for the three children who are such wonderful blessings. Jason, is the one who has been with us the longest and has been able to show me to see things in a different light, and I love him for that. I love his witty charm and that he is maturing into a wonderful young man. Calvin, is the one who knows my emotions. He knows when I need a hug or a kiss. I love that he will hold his mom's hand in public even though it's not cool, and that the "I love you"'s are over flowing from him. And of course Collin, our newest little angel. He is the one who has renewed my appreciation for motherhood. His little smiles and giggles just melt my heart. I am so thankful to my three boys, they make me want to be the best mom!
There is also my extended family. I'm so thankful for a dad and mom who have been so supportive in the decisions I've made in my life. I'm so thankful for their love and support throught all of my years. No matter how old I am I know I will always be their little girl. My sister, she has always been there for me to tell me it'll be okay. I'm so thankful for her listening ears and her much needed opinions. My brother, I'm thankful he's been such a fun part of my life. He may not be the conventional type, but he has a heart bigger than most, and he's the best uncle to my boys. My In-laws, I love them dearly. I wish they lived closer and that we could spend more holidays together and more Sunday dinners together (you need to move to New Hampshire, you would love it here). These people are part of my "listening ears" and I appreciated that about you. Debra's my mom-in-law and she's always been a great support to us. Heather's my sister-in-law and my old college room-mate, so I've known her the longest of all my in-laws. She too has always been a great support and a great friend to me. My aunts and uncles, that includes my Mah-jong family, I love that they are always so happy to see me and my family as I am always so glad to see them. I love that my Auntie Pilar is always so loving and that I can always count on her hugs and kisses when I go back to Toronto to visit. I can write more about my family but this blog will be huge if I do. I am so very thankful for ALL of our family members (cousins, in-laws, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews).
For my friends, I am thankful for you too! I have friends all over this world and I am thankful for each and every one of you. You have brought so much to my life and that of my family. I always look forward to catching up with those I haven't seen for a while. During Jeremy's deployment my friends from Fort Riley, also known as my Army Family, I couldn't have got through that time without you.
I'm so thankful for opportunities. We have had so many different opportunities this past year that I am so grateful for. I'm grateful for the peace of mind I have been blessed with this year.
Last, but definitely not least, I am so thankful for the gospel in my life. Without my faith I don't know where I would be. I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father who listens to my prayers and knows what I need. I'm thankful for Jesus Christ and the example he is to me and my family. I'm thankful for the Holy Ghost and the comfort I feel when I listen to the still small voice. I'm thankful for the scriptures that help me in my daily life. I'm thankful for a living prophet, President Monson, how wonderful it is to have a living prophet on the Earth today. I'm so thankful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and to know that I am a daughter of Heavenly Father- what a wonderful blessing that is.
I know I'm leaving things out but not intentionally. I have so much to be thankful for and I am in awe to be blessed with so much. As you are enjoying the upcoming holidays I hope that you are able to think about some of the things you are thankful for. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment