Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrapping up 2008!

Wow, I can't believe we're already done with 2008. It's been a very good year for the Traveling Draper's. We've been blessed with so much and we're so thankful for every single one of those blessings.

My wonderful husband and I have just spent our 15th Christmas together, and it was just that, wonderful. 14 years ago he proposed to me, and here we are 14 years and 3 kids later, so much for being a 'phase'. That's what I was told that I was going through a phase again. Anyway, we were able to spend Christmas at home with our three beautiful boys and our little Princess. I think every year we wonder where we're going to spend Christmas, either with the Draper Family in Utah or the Villanueva Family in Toronto. This year our plans had changed due to the snow storms we received here in New Hampshire. Yes, we missed having Christmas with our Toronto family, but we really did have a nice Draper Family Christmas here in our own home. We had too much food (which is always good) and we had presents galore (Santa managed to get through the snow).

Other 2008 blessings... our little 'Blue' joined our family, and oh what a blessing he is. We all just adore him and love seeing him grow every day. Another would be our work opportunities that Jeremy was offered after getting out of the Army. So many people are in limbo when they leave their military career for the civilian life, but Jeremy had many opportunities presented to him. There are still some kinks that they're working out, but it's definitely coming along. We've also managed to get through the year with minimal health issues, thank goodness. I think the only scare we had was after I had Collin, but that's about it. Thankfully my mom and dad stayed in town to help us out with the kids and things at home.

I'm looking forward to 2009 and what it holds for our family. We'll be ringing in the New Year with a ton of food, playing games, and hopefully being able to stay up to see the ball drop on TV (but if we end up falling asleep hopefully it will be a good night's sleep and maybe even a little sleeping in). I wish you all a Happy New Year to you and your families!