Monday, February 16, 2009

Yeah! It's back! and Valentine's Day!

Hooray, my computer is back and just rip-roaring to go! My hard drive was on the fritz and I have been without my computer for a week, but all is good now. It's amazing how often I use the computer. I would rather have my computer than have my television.

Valentine's Day always brings me such happy feelings- even though I feel this was throughout the year. Anyway, I love Valentine's because the cards are so cute and fun, I love that my kids greet me with a "Happy Valentine's Day Mom, I love you!", I love that my husband wakes me up with hugs and kisses and "I love you"'s (that never gets old even though it happens every morning), I love seeing the Valentine hearts in the store windows, and I love to see the fancy chocolate boxes. I just love Valentine's Day! To be honest with you, I love all of the holidays, they're just so fun!

Collin's first Valentine's Day was fun. The kids all woke up to a box of Valentine's chocolates and a Valentine card at the bottom of their beds, from their dad and I. We took the kids out to a super-duper yummy breakfast at the WaterWheel in Jefferson, NH. What a great place to eat. The food was so good. Jeremy, Jason, and I had the Eggs Benedict and Calvin had the Mt. Jefferson- pancakes as big as his head (which he shared), eggs, bacon, and seasoned homefries. After breakfast we took them shopping with their Valentine's money they got from grandma. We then came back home and watched a church history movie to get us inspired to write our talks and lessons for Sunday. Jason gave his first talk in sacrament on Sunday- he was GREAT! He wasn't nervous at all. Even with Calvin making faces at him, he still kept a straight face. Both Jeremy and I taught the Priesthood/ Relief Society lessons, and I also gave a talk in sacrament. I have a great time teaching in Relief Society, one of my favorite callings- who would have thought?

1 comment:

D Draper said...

I'm so glad the cards and money arrived in time for Valentines's Day I was worried. So Glad you had fun. I miss you and love you.
Debra (grandma)