Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Other things... but no pictures- Utah Trip Part V

So you all know I'm not the best photographer, nor do I remember to bring my camera everywhere. Needless to say but we did much more without my camera on this trip. Hopefully Heather has some pictures that I can steal from her because I know she took a bunch of them. Anyway, during the rest of the week we were able to have a swim day at the hotel which the kids loved. Beck and Gavin were too cute in the pool when they were piggy-backed on the older kids. (Of course there are absolutely no pictures of this time because both Heather and I were in the pool swimming with the kids.) We also did some shopping for some fun things... Webkins??? Yes, Calvin and Jason are now hooked. The peer pressure of their cousins Webkins collections got my boys started, and the fact that we bought some of the cousins these cute little things didn't help either. We also got to spend some much needed cousin time with the cousins. We sure do miss them. For the 24th of July holiday (Pioneer Day in Utah) we had a bbq and did fireworks at Jeremy's parents'. Then the next day we spent the day in Newton at their annual 24th Celebration. We played a couple of games of volleyball in a the tournament and lost- I think we're getting too old to compete with the young pups. I didn't mind losing because it was so hot, it was so uncomfortable to play. After a little bit of a break we had a family dinner at Sizzler, another of Jeremy's favorite places to eat at in Utah. As always the food was yummy (Jeremy had his favorite Steak and Hibachi Chicken, and I had the Steak and Lobster). It was a nice way to end our trip, good food and good company. After dinner we headed to SLC to the hotel for our last night in Utah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT??? Come to Utah and not even stop in to say hi! JK. Looks like you had alot of fun and was very busy!

Stephen and Heather said...

I do have some pictures and I am trying to get them posted. It didn't seem like we really did anything this summer but when I look back at the pictures we actually did quite a bit.
My kids are glad that your kids are getting into Webkinz. They had kind of lost interest. Now that Calvin is so excited about them and wanting to know everything Kylan is starting to get back into it. Be careful - it is addicting.