I love Valentine's Day! Yes, my husband does a great job being my Valentine all year long. But I think he just SHINES on Valentine's! He loves to pamper and spoil me like it's my birthday or our anniversary. And when Valentine's is on a weekend, we usually try to make the entire weekend special.
This year we started on Friday. Collin and I met Jeremy for lunch at "Grandma's"~ it's a yummy restaurant close to Jeremy's office. After a nice lunch with my Valentine we headed to the store to pick up some long stem strawberries for after dinner. We dipped a dozen huge strawberries in Jeremy's favorite~ milk chocolate. Some of them were eaten right after dipping, others were left to set~ so super yummy!
Today we woke up early and headed to Portland, ME for a fun day. We went to see a movie with Collin and Calvin. Went shopping. And had dinner before heading home. We saw the Percy Jackson movie, that was great! While shopping the boys picked out their Valentine's gift from us. And Jeremy picked out a couple of shiney bobbles for me too! Like I said, he spoils me.
Tomorrow we'll be skipping out on church to pick Jason up from Leadership Camp, he's been gone for a few days. But when we get home we'll definitely be having chocolate dipped strawberries again since Jason missed out on them. And I think Calvin was planning on some sort of surprise for us, we'll see.
I know Valentine's Day is not a 'real' holiday. Some people say that it's just another day for people to spend money, or why should I express my love to my significant other just one day a year, or whatever excuse they have. Well I say to them blah~blah~blah! I love Valentine's Day! It's a day that you should spoil your significant other because they deserve it! Why not celebrate your love for each other on this day? And besides it's FUN!
No comments:
Post a Comment