Me, Lolo, and Lola
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
I miss them!
Today is kind of a glum day for me. I don't have many of these a year, but I can definitely count on two. Today is my Lola's (grandma) birthday. She would be 87 today. She passed away the same time Calvin was born 10 years ago. Today is also the 16th death anniversary of my Lolo (grandpa). I don't know of too many cultures that commemorate a death anniversary, but I know that Filipinos do. It's kind of a time to celebrate their life and how they touched ours. I miss them so much! And I wish they could've been around to be a part of my children's lives. I'm really fighting to hold back my tears because I miss them so very much!
Me, Lolo, and Lola
Me, Lolo, and Lola
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm sorry Melanie. They must have been great people for you to miss them so much. From that picture, Calvin has a little of your Lola in him. Are these your Mom or Dad's parents?
Post a Comment