I absolutely love the holidays! We have birthdays, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and more birthdays coming up. One of our favorite things to do is celebrate birthdays over a number of days. Calvin opened his first gift from us today~ he was so happy! Tomorrow he'll get another one to open, then another on Sunday, possibly one on Monday, one more on Tuesday (it's coming in the mail), and of course a couple more on the following weekend when my family from Toronto comes to visit.
Next weekend we start celebrating Jason's 15th birthday. Jason's Quinceanero will be on Saturday~ it's going to be a P-A-R-T-Y! Not only do we have family and friends coming from out of town, but he has over 70 people that have RSVP'd from school. The family will be here on Friday and stay until Monday, so there will be no sleep or quiet time for the weekend.
I know my birthday is before Jason's, but we'll be celebrating mine Thanksgiving weekend. I believe my super-fabulous husband is planning a weekend either in Boston or Portland. Which will include shopping, movies, and food!
And of course there's Thanksgiving itself, yummy food and time with my family, what more could I possibly want. We're so excited to get those raviolis made, and the turkey fried, and the stuffing and gravy, and the sweet potatoes, and the green bean casserole, and the rolls, and the pumpkin pie, and the apple pie, and the apple cider, and whatever else I think about making between now and then~ but we're more excited to devour all of this yummy food!!!
I've also started decorating the house for Christmas, yes I am! I love Christmas and I start decorating as early as possible. The Christmas music has been playing in the house, and I've also started Christmas shopping~ my favorite! I love this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment