Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Next.....

Next week's Thanksgiving and we're debating on what we're going to do, stay home or go to Toronto or have dinner with the Pilgrims at Plimouth Plantation in Plymouth, Massachusetts. When we lived in Boston years ago we had Thanksgiving Dinner with the Pilgrims and had a great time. The only down side is that there are no Thanksgiving Dinner left-overs and no Draper Family Raviolis. I know we can make the raviolis another day, but it's just not the same thing. We only make the raviolis on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. As for going to Toronto, I don't know yet. We've done Thanksgiving there before and it was so fun. My brother loves the raviolis and usually there aren't any left over once he gets his hands on them. What to do, what to do???

We're also having a great debate about Christmas, do we take the few days and drive to Toronto or stay home. I love spending the holidays with our family, but it's absolutely exhausting and chaotic. I'm leaning towards spending it at home, but the kids are trying to get Jeremy on their side to make the 10 hour drive to their cousins in Toronto.

Also coming up is our Arevalo Family Reunion in Las Vegas after Christmas. That's been on my mind for months now, and it's exhausting. Chasing after people for RSVP's and payment is just not fun. I think once this is done, I won't be planning another reunion for a very long time. The Miller's take turns every other year, who knows when the next Arevalo one will be, and the Villanueva's and De La Cruz's haven't expressed having one as yet. So that gives me a little while before I plan or help out with another reunion (Sigh).

I don't even think I'm going to have any energy to celebrate our 16th anniversary in January. I'm going to just want to put my feet up and relax! Oh yeah, I forgot about my birthday with is on Saturday. The boys keep asking me what I want to do, but I don't even know. (one more SIGH!)

2 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

How you manage to stay sane in all the craziness, I'll never know! :)

Stephen and Heather said...

Birthday and Anniversary plans: r&r!
You deserve it.