I can't help but get teary-eyed when thinking about our Arevalo relatives. I think my Lola and her brothers would be proud that we managed to put this together and have a great time. It was so good to see so many of my relatives that I haven't seen in over 26 years, and even some that I have never seen before in person. Thankfully we have facebook, blogs, and email to help us all keep in touch. For those who were in attendance, this is something I would like to share about each of you.
Auntie Cora~ the eldest of the Arevalo cousins, thank you for your support with this reunion. Your wisdom and foresight is a light for the younger Arevalos.
Uncle Joselito (or Lito)~ it was good to finally meet you in person. Your love and support for this family means so much to all of us.
Cousin Jon~ thank you for flying in from so far away. And thank you for sharing your wonderful talents on the ivory.
Cousin Cecile~ Wow, your violin performance was spectacular!
Sophia, Elisha, and Joseph~ thank you for coming. Seeing your cute little faces lit up the room!
Auntie Teresa (or Tita)~ so good to see you after so many years. Your still the same with that smile that makes everyone else smile too.
Uncle Romey~ one of my jokester uncles. Always cracking everyone up.
Cousin Val~ your vocal talents are amazing! good to see you without the bowl cut! LOL!!!
Cousin Andrea and little Sydney~ glad to finally meet you! You definitely are the light of my cousin Val's life~ thank you for that.
Uncle Vic, Uncle Tony, and Cousin Loni~ I know you guys couldn't be with us in person, but you were definitely there with us. Thank you for the beautiful music you provided for the slide show. Most impressive! You're love for this family was surely felt.
Auntie Fe (Baby)~ what can I say, you've always had a special place in my heart even as a child. I don't think I could hug you long enough! Thank you for bringing back my good childhood memories.
Uncle Fiel~ I can actually say "ditto" to what I said to Auntie Baby.
Cousin Patti, Cousin Andrea, and little Alex~ So glad to see you again, it's been too long since the last time I saw you, now you're grown up. Love you guys.
Uncle Boie~ Another one of the jokester uncles! Love you for making me laugh!
Cousin Cheryl and Patrick~ you may not remember but I did meet you when we were young. Thanks Cheryl for sharing your wonderful vocals with us and thanks Patrick for coming to meet the family.
Auntie Annie~ thanks for all of your efforts with the reunion program and sharing your piano talents with us.
Uncle Doy~ Yet another jokester and has always been. Please don't ever change! Whenever I talk about you I'm always smiling.
Auntie Sianing~ thank you for being a part of this crazy family. And thank you for your kind heart.
Auntie Ceres~ I would put you in the jokester group, but you're are too fine of a lady to be put in the same group. You are one of a kind! I love how proud you are of this family!
Uncle Rey~ Now you are definitely part of the jokester uncles! Thank you for keeping me smiling!
Auntie Sylvia~ another fine lady! It was so good to see you again, it's been too long. I appreciate your kind words and your support.
Uncle Alex~ thank you for supporting the crazy Arevalo's after all of these years. You are definitely a member of the Arevalo clan.
Cousin Rocky~ still the same sweet Rock I still remember, just a little older. Nothin' but love for you!
Cousin Tiffanny~ I'm so glad that you were able to be part of our reunion. I hope you know that we are all so glad that you are a part of this family! We love you!
Cousins Adam, Philip, and Joey~ I'm so glad to have finally met you. Thank you so much for coming. It's funny because I have pictures that your mom sent when your were just babies, and now you've grown into such fine men! Love you guys!
Auntie Bien~ I love you! You know I do! Thank you for being you.
Uncle Ferdi~ I appreciate you and your contributions to this family. Your honesty and kindness have always been a great impact on my life. Thank you.
Cousins Jeremy, Cat, and Chelsea~ Jeremy: my you have grown! I will always remember you as a cutie little boy even when you're a grandpa yourself. Cat: you're just a beautiful young woman, please don't be in a rush to grow up. Chelsea: my cutie Tahitian dancer! I can't wait to see more of your performances. I love the three of you so much!
Cousin Mark~ leap frog? really? I'm going to say, okay, maybe we did play leap frog. Thank you for being always smiling and always supportive. I'm so glad that you made it.
Sulynn and baby Su-Eliassen (I know I didn't spell right)~ it was good to meet you and I'm glad that you're a part of this family.
Uncle Edwin~ Yes, I know I'm your favorite niece, LOL! I'm so glad that you were able to make it, and that your were a huge part of this reunion. thank you, thank you! It was so good to see you after so many years, hopefully it won't be that long til we see you again. You know you have a special place in my heart and always have. Love you!
Auntie Cristy~ I've missed you so much! I'm so glad that we were able to spend a little time together. I love you!
Cousin Merielle (Meme)~ you have grown into such a beautiful woman and I'm glad that you're one of my "baby" cousins, even though you're not a baby.
Cousin Conner~ you are such a talent! I know one of these days your name will be in 'lights'! Thank you for sharing your talents with us! "Okay" (there's a filipino accent with that.)
Cousin Davis~ you're such a cutie growing into your 'own'. You'll definitely be performing at the next reunion.
Dad and Mom~ you still got it after all of these years! Burning up the dance floor like no one else can! Thank you for the moral support for this reunion. I love you. Dad, I'm glad that you were able to be with the rest of your jokester cousins. It was good to see you all laughing it up and having a good time together.
Jason, Calvin, and Collin (AKA: my kids)~ thank you for giving your time away for mom to set all of this up. You will be at the next reunion!
Vanessa and Glenn (AKA: the babysitters)~ thank you for taking care of my boys, and being a great moral supporter. Again, you WILL be at the next reunion with us!
And last, but not least, Jeremy (the best husband ever!)~ thank you for supporting me to put this together for our Arevalo family! I could not have done this with out your support. I love you and I'm so thankful that you are a part of this family!
I don't think I forgot anyone, but if I did let me know. For those who couldn't make it this reunion we'll see you at the next one in 2012!!!
I love you all!
Jeremy and I at the Reunion.

Arevalo Cousins

Arevalo Grandkids

At Breakfast the next morning.

The Group Shot.
1 comment:
Looks like you had a lot of fun. I am sure that your family is happy that you took on the huge task of putting it together. Good job.
Post a Comment