How exciting! We have about a week to go before the big day~ Christmas Day!
I thought I was all done with my gift buying, party planning, and travel plans. And of course I was wrong. However, I am going to take a break from it all this weekend and try not to shop. I'm now to the point that shopping is starting to annoy me (I can't believe I said that!)
I think I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping very well either because I stay up thinking about what I still need to do, and then I'm up so bloody early in the morning (5:30 AM) because the kids (and that would be all of the other people in my house including my husband) can't function without my supervision. "Where's my belt", "Where's my shoe", "Where's my green sweater"... this is what I heard this morning. So yes, I think I just need a really good night's sleep and I'm hoping this weekend it'll happen.
On a happier note I did get to shop for some families this week. 4 Christmas dinners with all of the fixin's. It was such a good feeling to be shopping for them. This is what's important for the holidays, looking out for our brothers and sisters, and making sure they have what is NEEDED.
I'm so thankful for this Christmas Season, and so very thankful for all of my blessings~ especially the four blessings that are up at 5:30 AM. I'm thankful for the roof over our heads, the food in our bellies, and the love in our home. I'm thankful for the Savior and his gift of sacrifice to us. We ALL have so much to be thankful for. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that this is a Blessed New Year for All!
No comments:
Post a Comment