I don't believe in the 'bad luck' of Friday the 13th, but who knows maybe I'm wrong...
On Friday my day was going fine. I had a yummy breakfast with a friend of mine and her daughter who's home from college. Collin didn't act up, it's was good. I went to the bank, Walmart, ran some errands, and the weather was beautiful! It was about 2:30 pm and I was waiting for the boys to get home. I got a phone call from Calvin asking if he could go over to a friend's house to play since they had no homework, sure why not. A few minutes later Jason walked in the door and said, "MOM, where's Calvin?" Me~"at Bryson's why?" Jason~"Chris told me that Calvin got smashed in the face today and there was blood everywhere!" Me~ "WHAT!" So of course I called Calvin at his friend's house and told him I would be picking him up asap and he can let me know what happened today. After picking up Calvin he let me know about his accident-prone day. Apparently after his Service day at school a bunch of them were playing a game of football after lunch. While scuffling for the ball with his buddies he took an elbow to the nose. Blood was everywhere! and he has the shirt to prove it. I guess the teachers took care of things, but Jason's friend only saw the blood and reported the accident to Jason. Anyway, after all of the bleeding had stopped and everything was packed up and they headed back to school. Well, Calvin was walking with his friends and BAM! he got hit in the cheek by an over-thrown softball. So of course he had a bruise on his cheek, a swollen nose, and blood all over his shirt when I picked him up. I would definitely have to agree with Calvin that this Friday the 13th was bad. And of course how do you make a day of injuries better???? Chocolate Ice Cream at the local ice cream shop!!!
2 comments:
Poor Calvin. I hope he had a better weekend.
Ouch!
Post a Comment