Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Collin's First Day at The Alderwood Early Childhood Center

Today was Collin's first day of preschool at the Alderwood Early Childhood Center in Lynnwood, WA. We were so excited to be accepted into this program. We have been through the testing for the last 2 months, so starting this week was so exciting for him. He attends class for two mornings a week, next year he'll do the same, and the following year he'll attend 4. Unfortunately Collin's birthday is in September, which means he'll miss the Kindergarten cut-off by 3 days, ugh. Luckily he'll have this program to get him ready when he does get to go to Kindergarten.

As for today, he was great! I, on the other hand was teary-eyed. Thankfully when we left he didn't even cry or whine. He was even telling us, "Bye-bye!" to get us to leave. It was actually nice to have a couple of hours of alone time, so quiet! And then after my sanity time I headed back to pick up my happy little boy. When I walked in the classroom during their snack-time he said, "Mamma! Yummy!" and pointed to his snack. It was a great day at pre-school for Collin!


Collin and Mom just outside our front door.


Collin and Dad heading to class.


Collin at Gym Class! Super fun, Jeremy and I didn't want to leave.


And SNACK TIME!!!


No comments: