Monday, February 4, 2008

Yeah for February!!!




February- A GREAT START!!!! Whooo! I'm so glad that February has begun. And we've had a good start to the month. I know it wasn't a "holiday" or a "long weekend", but it was a much needed mini-vacation. To end the month of January and start February our family was attending a Military-Family Retreat for Re-deployed Soldiers. We were one of fifteen families chosen for this trial retreat. The retreat was a 3-day trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City. The best part was that the entire trip, from hotel stay, waterpark passes, and all meals were all paid for by the US Army. The hotel was very nice, and our hotel suites were a lot bigger then any regular hotel room that we've ever stayed in. The waterpark was inside the hotel and had 5 waterslides, 2 hot-tub areas, 2 pools, a lazy river, and a huge splash area with the 1,000 gallon water dumping bucket. It was awsome! We all had a great time and had a tough time leaving. We were also finally able to give Jeremy an official "Welcome Home Ceremony". The soldiers that were assigned to units that were not posted to Fort Riley units were never given official ceremonies because their units were at other bases. So this retreat gave us the opportunity to give our boys a "Welcome Home"! The food was great, it was like being on a cruise. We always left the banquet hall full up to our eyeballs! So I guess this is a great start to the month and hopefully for the rest of the year. We are now getting our "ducks in a row" so to speak. Jeremy is in the process of getting his paperwork complete for out-processing from the Army. We're also getting interviews set up for our Spring Break visit to New Hampshire. I've been keeping my eye on a few houses in New Hampshire that are still on the market. And the kids are just getting antsy to get out of Kansas and settled in New Hampshire. And I think in March I'll have better news to report to all of you.

No comments: