Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another ice cream craving!

Wow, my healthy diet is going out the door. For the last few months I've been so good in keeping to a healthy diet, with a treat here and there. This last week I've been out of control. I can't seem to get enough ice cream. Yesterday Calvin and I were returning a DVD to the video store. After we dropped off the DVD I started driving towards Sonic, (like Calvin was going to disagree with going there???). He had a Butterfinger blizzard and I had a strawberry cream pie shake. It was so yummy. Before we got to the Fort Riley gate I was finished and was tempted to go back to try the coconut cream pie shake. For some reason I just want ice cream??? The funny thing is I became lactose intolerant after having Calvin so it's been about 9 years. Since I've been pregnant I've been having dairy products without any problems at all.

The other funny thing is that last night I barbecued chicken on the grill last night and after cooking I really didn't want any of it- I just wanted ice cream. This morning for breakfast I chowed on the BBQ chicken wings which I so hastily turned down last night. I'm really not a big fan of meat products in the morning, but today I had to have it for breakfast. And last but not least, I've been chowing on cherries. And since they're $5/ lbs, I don't share them at all!!!

I've had cravings with the other two pregnancies, but never this intense.

3 comments:

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

That's so funny! Those foods all sound so yummy too.

Stephen and Heather said...

Don't you love how pregnancy completely messes with your body! Hopefully after the baby comes you will once again be able to enjoy ice cream. We love you.

Our Crazy Family said...

Too funny! I craved Cream of Chicken soup and Garlic bread the whole time I was Pregnant with Aubrey! I would have rather had the ice cream.

Cindy