We have just had a TORNADO week! We had tornadoes hit all of the towns around us. We have been so blessed that Fort Riley sustained minimal damage. Our surrounding communities were not so lucky. The authorities have asked us not drive to "see" the areas that have been hit. They are trying to get things cleaned up, but it's going to be a while. Our Bishop's town was hit the hardest. Approximately 80% of the town was hit and we have yet to hear if his family is okay. They have closed down the roads so we can't even get in there to help.
I think this was the closest that a tornado has come to us. I think the hardest part about this situation is that we had to keep calm so that the kids wouldn't freak out. Calvin was very upset and worried for our safety. Our laundry room is our "safety" room and we had brought a mattress in to cover us if anything were to happen. Calvin didn't even want to leave the laundry room all night. We managed to convince him that we were safe but he still refused to go to sleep in his room. After the sirens had turned off (about 3:00 am) he finally went to sleep in the living room. I hate to say it, but we were worried too. Like I said, we have been blessed with the safety of our family, and we are so thankful.
4 comments:
I am so glad that you guys are safe and sound.
Wow How scary! I experienced a Torando siren when I was a nanny in Michigan. It was the scariest thing because I was in no way used to it. and I was 19.
I am so glad that the danger is over and you are all just fine!
We will say a special Thank you to our Heavenly Father to night. We always pray he will watch over and protect the families but sometimes we don't even know what from!
Love, Wendy and family
Tornado warnings can be so scary. One happened when I was a teen and home alone in Texas once. I was pretty scared. I'm glad ya'll are safe.
How scary?!? Thank goodness that you're alright.
Post a Comment