Now today's the day we were to expect things to happen, ask me if anything has happened? NOPE! I'm beyond irritated now. I'm still feeling the contractions and I look like I'm going to explode. And besides that I hate that everyone has been asking me "how much longer?" Yes indeed, my patience has left me. I know I still have approximately 19 hours left in the day before I can say he's late. I have another appointment this morning, hopefully the dr. will have some good news for me.
On a happier note, my parents will be flying in on Sunday and will be here for 2 weeks (you know, to help me out with the baby who isn't here yet). We're excited for them to be here. It's been about a year since we last saw them, and this will be their first official visit to Fort Riley. I'm sure my dad will just love being around all of this 'Hoorah" military stuff, but I'm not sure about my mom. She's much more of a "city" person. The kids are the most excited for their visit because they just loved being spoiled by their "Lolo and Lola" (that's Grandpa and Grandma in filipino). Calvin loves to put on a show for them so he has a couple of new songs to sing for them. He's even said that he's looking forward to his Lolo walking him to school in the morning and picking him up after school. As for Jason, well I think they are the only people who can get the "affectionate Jason" out because he doesn't cringe when he gives them hugs and kisses (like he does with everyone else). All and all we're looking forward to a good visit with them, and I think the kids are anticipating a sluff day from school here and there with them also.
We're also still debating on a name. I think it's going to be Collin Antonio, but we'll see when he gets here. Collin- because we like the name, and Antonio- for my grandfather on my mom's side. We also liked the name Joaquin, but we decided that Joaquin Antonio sounded way too ethnic. But like I said we'll see what he looks like when he gets here. (Calvin wasn't going to be named Calvin until we saw him for the first time. For months before he was born we called him Brayden, but he just looked like a "Calvin". Besides, he acts just like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs.) So we can only hope and pray that our little guy is here soon.
3 comments:
I know it is so HARD to wait! But if he needs more time there must be some reason we don't know of.
I know how difficult it is when so many people tell you.... any time now, oh you are carrying so low not long now... Oh you are so big, I am sure it is soon... When did all these lay people get a doctor's degree? I had to learn in this experience to TRUST in God and ask to borrow his patience.
When he is ready he will come!
And your JOY will be so complete, him standing you up a few days will NOT even be a thought in your head!
Best wishes, and I am keeping you in my prayers.
With love, Wendy
OH I hope it happens for you soon! Good luck. I hope you enjoy having your family here.
Your new blog layout looks awesome, I like the colors.
Good luck with the baby...can't wait to see pictures of him!
Post a Comment