Friday, September 5, 2008

Collin Antonio Draper is finally here!!!


Collin Antonio Draper was born on Wednesday, September 3rd at 2:35 pm. Our little cutie weighed 7 lbs 0.5 oz, and 19 inches tall. He is the biggest "preemie" born on Fort Riley!
Collin was born at 36 weeks which the doctors consider him a premature baby. Unfortunately for us we were unable to bring Collin home with us today when I was discharged from the hospital. He had some difficulty with his breathing so they had to ship him to a bigger hospital in Topeka, Kansas yesterday. After my discharge we headed straight to Topeka to visit our little cutie, and yes he is such a cutie! He's doing much better today. He has been taken off of the oxygen, besides the fact he ripped the tube out of his nose a bunch of times. And he started to bottle feed this afternoon, regardless of the NG tube in his nose. So we're hoping he'll be home with us soon.



5 comments:

Stephen and Heather said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see him. He kind of looks like Calvin in the pictures.

Our Crazy Family said...

COngratulations! I am glad he is finally here. I hope that he is able to come home soon. He is just so CUTE!!!! Congrats again! We will keep you in our prayers.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Poor little guy, we hope he's feeling better. He is a large preemie...how much did the other boys weigh?

Collin is so adorable. Nick loves his pumpkin hat. :) Austin asked when Collin will be grown up so that they can play together. :) We all can't wait to see more pictures of him!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, that is so exciting and what a cutie he is. I am glad to hear he is doing well and I can't believe how big your others boy have gotten. I will keep in touch with you, I didn't know you had a blog. We will be thinking of you and praying all continues to go well. Take care!

All the Angles said...

CoNGRaTioNS To you all on your new arrival!!! I am glad both Mom and baby are doing well! We keep you in our prayers! With Love,Wendy