Sunday, September 21, 2008

Decision time deadline TOMORROW!!!

As many of you know I'm quite the "planner". I like to know where I'm going, what I'm doing, how I'm going to do it all ahead of time. My husband on the other hand is the "anti-planner". He doesn't mind making last minute decisions and basically living day by day. Since moving to Fort Riley I've been trying to relax on being the planner, and I've done pretty good. I've also learned to trust in my husband's decisions and I think he does pretty good for the most part. Well this last few months Jeremy has been getting ready to leave is military career behind him and start a new chapter for our family in the civilian world. We've known for a couple of months that our last week here would be this upcoming week and Jeremy has been scoping out different career options in New Hampshire since that's where we plan on settling. Anyway leave it to Jeremy to leave our life's decision to the last minute. He will be making his final decision tomorrow (which is Monday), the packers will be packing up our belongings on Tuesday, we'll be doing the final cleaning of the house on Wednesday, we'll be spending the day with my Uncle Percy and Auntie Nina in Topeka all day Thursday, the movers will be packing and taking our packed belongings on Friday, and hopefully we'll be on the road headed for New Hampshire on Saturday...(sigh). Yes, we have a full week this week, but what is driving me nuts is that Jeremy won't make a decision until the last minute. I'm trying to not let it bother me, but it's tough. He's asked me which of the positions he should take and I've told him that the money doesn't matter as much as him being happy at work. I know he'll make the right decision for him and for all of us.

I guess I should also mention that the boys are doing well. Jason is definitely in his "teenage years" already- ugh. Calvin is still the outgoing ball of fun that everyone loves. They are going to be really missed around here! They had there last sleep-over party on Friday and it was bitter-sweet. They had a great time with their friends, but they also realized it would be the last sleep-over with them. Luckily for us they're excited to move to NH, they love it there. Collin is growing like a weed. He's already put on 2 lbs and has grown almost 2 inches. He's constantly smiling and lets out little giggles. Jeremy is totally enjoying his days off and relaxing. And me, well I'm happy to say that I have lost 20 lbs since having Collin, and would love to loose a little more. I still feel a little sore, but they said that would happen. I put on my pre-pregnancy jeans the other day and they fit a little snug so my goal is to keep loosing as many pounds as possible before the holiday feasting starts- which is going to be coming up very soon!

As for the blogging, if I don't get to post anything for a couple of weeks it's probably because we'll be here and there and everywhere in between Fort Riley and New Hampshire. Tah-tah for now.

No comments: