We've been on an emotional roller coaster ride this last week. Having Collin- yeah!, Collin being transported to the hospital in Topeka- boo!, Collin's back home- yeah!, I get re-admitted for a couple of days- boo!, and now I'm back home again- yeah!
For the last 2 days I've been laying in a hospital bed with post-labor Preeclampsia. The first 24 hours was the absolute worst! My arms look so beat with all of the IV's and needles that were poking into me. Unfortunately I had to have a magnesium drip go for the entire 24 hours- this stuff made me so lethargic and sleepy I couldn't even remember where I was or what was going on. The last 24 hours went much better, I could actually open my eyes and speak coherently. All I can say is that I'm so happy to be home with my family!
My parents were suppose to leave this morning, but they just couldn't leave. So they'll be leaving on Monday- if I can pry them away from Collin. They have been such a big help around our house, and especially with me being in the hospital. Jeremy hasn't had to get up in the middle of the night to feed or change Collin because my mom has been taking care of him. Jeremy and the boys haven't had to worry about their meals because both of my parents love to cook and it makes them so happy to cook for them. And the house has been so clean! even with me being gone for a few days. I'm really going to miss having them around.
So starting Monday we'll actually be the "Travelling Draper's" again with all of our family here at home and hopefully none of us will be making another visit to the hospital for a long time. I'm pretty excited for the next couple of weeks because we're getting ready for our move, and Jeremy will be home with us for a couple of weeks. He'll actually be going to New Hampshire for a couple of days to hammer out the details of his contract, but other than that we'll have him home for at least 3 weeks. I think it will be great to have him home. He'll be able to spend so much time with Collin and I during the day, and he'll have more time with the boys when they come home from school. I'm so glad he has the time off because he works so hard, he deserves the break.
So that's what's going on with us this last week....
3 comments:
I am so glad that your parents have been there to help you guys and take a little of the stress off of both of you. I am sure they are both spoiling Collin. I am glad that you are doing better. Take it easy and enjoy the time off. We love you and miss you.
Melanie,
Sorry to hear you have been under the weather, I am glad that you are back up on your feet and doing good. Take care and enjoy your time together!
I am glad your parents stayed. I didn't know you were in the hospital again. I am glad you are okay. I hope the move goes well for you!
Post a Comment