Sunday, October 12, 2008

There are always bumps along the way.


Greetings from Toronto! And a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Canucks!

We'll be ending our visit to Toronto tomorrow as we head to New Hampshire. I have bittersweet feelings about heading out tomorrow. I'm excited to be getting into the new house and starting the newest chapter in our 'traveling life'. But I'm also missing my friends and comforts of my home in Kansas (I never thought I would ever say that). I guess the 'new and unknown' has me a little nervous. I'm sure it'll be fine after we iron out all of the bumps and get acclimated to the surroundings.

Our visit to Toronto has been bittersweet also. It's been nice to stay and visit with the family and get some time to relax. But I'm really not wanting to leave just yet even though we have to leave due to our schedule. On Friday we lost our beloved Aunt Aurora, or as we called her Auntie Auring. For many years she has been the prize fighter battling cancer. We were with her at the hospital before she passed and I was able to tell her that I love her as I held her frail hand. We are so thankful that she is part of our family and she will always be forever in our hearts. When we got home that afternoon we told the boys that their Lola Auring had passed away- that was not easy. Calvin got really quiet and went upstairs. We had a really good talk about what he remembered about her and that she's in a place where she isn't feeling hurt or uncomfortable. He tried to be tough and not cry, but then when I told him it was okay to cry because we're going to miss her his tears started to flow like a river. Jeremy and I were feeling a little emotional too. The week before we were visiting her at her home and she looked fine, and then seeing her in the hospital was a complete turn around. I don't think any of us were expecting this at this time. We will miss her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, it is never easy loosing one of your loved ones. May the lord bless and comfort you at this time, take care....