Who knew we had so much stuff! I sure didn't. Before our packers packed our stuff we sold a bunch of stuff at the Ft. Riley post-wide garage sale. I had thought we sold a whole lot, but apparently we didn't. I wish we would have sold everything because unpacking this stuff really stinks. I love this house we're in, but I think we'll be making one more move before our settling stage. This house is on a great piece of property, it's gorgeous here, but I think we would like to go just a little bigger in the next couple of years. Anyway, all that means is that we're going to have to do this moving thing at least one more time.
On a happier note we love it here. Not only is it beautiful, the people here are so friendly and welcoming. Our branch (not yet big enough for a ward) has been wonderful. Our first official day here we were greeted by the Hall family and they brought over dinner (a delicious spaghetti dinner with salad, Italian bread, cookies for dessert, and a pan full of sticky buns- Sister Hall knows our family well). The second day our neighbors next door brought over a gift basket filled with fresh fruit, canned zucchini, and candles- the grapes in the basket were the sweetest I have ever tasted. Today was our first time visiting our branch and we were swarmed by our new branch family. Not only were they so welcoming, but they were expecting us. A few months ago I got in touch with Sister Hall and she has told the branch all about us. In fact today during Relief Society they gave me a gift for Collin. It was a quilt that the Sisters from the branch made, it's Collin's first homemade quilt. I'm so glad that we've found our niche here in Gorham. I told Jeremy today that I feel like I'm dreaming and that everything feels so surreal. Here we are in one of the most beautiful places in the country, living amongst some of the most friendliest people, we have a branch that has welcomed us like we've always belonged here, and I get to stay home to take care of my family- what more can I ask for? I am so thankful for my blessings! Heavenly Father has really taken care of us, and I am so thankful for that.
P.S. Once we get unpacked and cleaned up around here I'll take some pictures to post.
3 comments:
I am glad that you guys finally made it there and are loving it. (Of course I wish it wasn't so far from us) It sounds beautiful. Some day we will have to make a trip over there.
Wow, what a wonderful welcome to your new home. I can't wait to see pictures!
I was getting goose bumps hearing how your new branch just takes care of you and how welcomed you feel! We have that in our current ward and they truely are just an extended part of our family!! I am so glad that you are being looked after! We miss you! Love, Wendy and family
Post a Comment