Tuesday, March 3, 2009

When you see someone drowning do you help them?

So do you? I say YES, of course I would! Whenever I see someone "drowning" I don't think about it, I just help. But what if the "drowning" person doesn't realize they're drowning and that they're floating towards a waterfall, then what? And what if you throw a floatation device to the person and they don't reach for it, what then? I would dive in and try to grab for the person.

I think many of us often think the person going down stream is able to swim and will some time or another end up safe on the river bank, hopefully. But I think what we don't see is the drowning person struggling to swim against the current and often times has 'wet shoes and clothes' weighing him down so he can't swim for himself. And because he's so preoccupied with his current situation of wet clothes and strong currents he can't see the waterfall that lies ahead.

There is something we can do to help, which we often times don't use, we have our voice. We can yell to the drowning person to swim harder because of what lies ahead and that there is a line he can grab for. We can use our voices for sound advice for those we love in their time of need. We should not be afraid to tell those we love how we feel even though they might find it hurtful to them at the moment. When we see something bad happening to someone we love we should not stand by and let it keep happening. So I say use your voice and call out to those who are getting to close to the water fall. Help get them out of the river and safely on to the river bank of happiness.

I know I usually have my voice to share if you ask for my advice. But just remember that when I do share my advice with you it's because I love you and I don't want you to drown.

No comments: