Saturday, January 29, 2011

$$$$ !

Jeremy's been away for a couple of days at a dental conference in Boston and this year the boys and I didn't join him. They are now at the point in school where missing a few days of school do matter. Besides, Jason had finals this week. Anyway, I decided this morning that we were going to have a nice day out SHOPPING! Luckily my boys love to shop, well, as much as boys can love to shop. I use to think that it would fun to have daughters to shop with, but now I don't think so. My boys like to pick out their own clothes, shoes, etc. and thankfully they do a pretty good job. When I tell them no drab colors, they get it. They know spring/summer is coming so the bright clothes look great on them.

So yes, we went to the outlet mall and just shopped. An added bonus was that Collin slept almost the entire time. (He did have an incident at JC Penney's where he tore down an entire shelf of bras, but other than that he was pretty contained and content.) Of course the shopping day wasn't just for them. I had to (and I really had to) stop at the Coach store to see what new goodies they had. Lots of new goodies, and I did pick up a couple of things that we'll call my "Valentine's gifts" from the kids (that's what Calvin said). While at the Coach store I did a little recon for my friend who was looking for a baby bag~ the purpose of visiting the store in the first place. We hit a couple of other stores, and 6 huge shopping bags later we were done.

We finished the day with a lunch~dinner (lunner?) at Applebee's, yummy food and good mom-son(s) conversation. I even talked about video games. Now we're home, it's time to rest, get ready for Sunday, and just chill!

No comments: