The woes of last week are over with the start of a new week. Thankfully we had a 3-day weekend, I sure could get use to that. I think when my husband is relaxed in the home we all are relaxed. We didn't travel too far from home this year. We made it to North Conway, but mainly stayed around here.
Yesterday for Memorial Day we spent the day with some of our friends from our Branch. The Millis family came over for some BBQ, we played a couple of games, then took a dip in the river to cool off. Jeremy was our pit-master and he did an awesome job. We dined on the yummiest ribs (he could give Bubba's a run for their money), cheddar sausages, cheeseburgers (blue cheese and sharp cheddar), and spicy Italian sausages. Brother Millis made the yummiest butter-cream chocolate cupcakes and made homemade hotdog buns~ what a great baker! The kids were very helpful getting out all of the patio furniture and getting things ready outside while I chopped veggies and got the rest of the stuff ready.
I think the Jan and Vern Millis will definitely be missed by us when we leave. Their kids Kristina and Stephen will be attending USU in the fall, so we'll see them sooner than later. Karen is serving a mission in Honduras, but she'll probably follow the other two to Logan. And Isaiah is the same age as Jason, I'd imagine he would follow his siblings. We've been talking to Jan and Vern about relocating to Logan, they would love it there. The Millis family has always been very kind and I'm just going to miss them!
1 comment:
When they move here to Logan, I'll be the first to call dibs on Brother Millis' baking talents! ;)
Post a Comment