Forgot to mention this on my Memorial Day Weekend blurb.
On Saturday Jeremy and I got up early to bring our clothes to the laundromat to clean. Our dryer has been on the fritz lately so on Saturday we piled in out 8 loads of laundry into the car and off we went.
While we were there we reminisced about how we use to do our laundry like this when we first got married. How we would enjoy the mini-donuts and play Pacman while we waited for our clothes to clean.
We were running close to lunch so we hopped next door to the gas station and picked up a couple of sandwiches. We brought them back to the laundromat and ate at the table and talked about everything and anything and all of the crummy things that had happened this past week. While we were laughing and eating a lady walked into the laundromat and stopped at our table. She pulled out an envelope and handed it to me. She said, "It's random act of kindness week." She then went on to mention that she was watching us from the parking lot and thought what a happy couple, I want to add to it. And then in an instant she left. I opened the envelope and there inside was a gift card to the local grocery store.
The first thought was "we don't need this". We're usually the one's who do things for other people, not the other way around. But then Jeremy said, "Maybe you do need it. Maybe it's just that ray of sunshine that you needed after this crappy week." And you know what? It really was what I needed to brighten my day.
Sometimes the Lord answers prayers in different ways. Sometimes the comfort He brings is not exactly what we thought would happen. And I think this stranger's random act of kindness is exactly what I needed. I needed to see that there are people out there who do care and that my Heavenly Father does know what I need and how little things make me happy.
What's funny is that I told my sister what had happened. This morning when I called her she said that she was out picking up her morning "snack" and she paid for a stranger's coffee that was behind her. Kindness is definitely spreading!
1 comment:
What an awesome experience. I'm sure that lady went away feeling great too...that's the thing with kindness, it works both ways. :)
Post a Comment