Thursday, June 2, 2011
New Goal for Me!
I know this may sound silly, but I have a new goal for me. I'm going to try not to raise my voice or yell unless it's absolutely necessary. I am very hot-tempered so this will not be easy. For the past couple of days I've been taking some personal time-outs where I just take some deep breaths and respond calmly. I'm finding that Calvin is responding better to my calming voice, as is Collin. Jason on the other hand is another story, I think he enjoys my yelling voice over my calm spoken voice. But still, he's going to have to get use to the non-yelling me. I'm finding that this is not only calming my children down, but it also allows for my stressed-out husband to come home and feel relaxed. So wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck! As a fellow-yeller, I know how hard this will be...but you can do it. :)
Post a Comment