Tuesday, August 23, 2011

No Looking Back

It's no big secret that I was more than thrilled to move from Gorham, New Hampshire. When we first moved there three years ago it was an adventure that I was looking forward to. Towards the end of our stay in NH, I was more like "Get me the heck out of this crazy place!" During our last year there I felt like it was just a mistake being there. My husband was regretting his decision of signing another contract with his workplace. My kids were not happy with the small town and the lack of things to do. And I was beyond frustrated with the Branch we were in.

In May we had an incident in our Branch (I can't explain more at the moment), where there was a lot of gossip and talk about my husband and I, it was your typical witch-hunt if you ask me. Anyway, today I got some news that has totally cleared us from anything to do with the incident. What's sad is that with the cruel words that were spoken about my husband and I, the damage has been done. Of course these gossiping people will never appologize to us, but just act like they said nothing. All I have to say is "SHAME ON YOU members of the RANDOLPH, NH BRANCH!" We have done nothing but help support this pitiful Branch financially, physically, and spiritually. You wonder why there is no growth in the church there, no need to wonder, who would want to join members who GOSSIP and SPREAD HORRIBLE RUMORS! You wonder why the missionaries were taken away from the area? You wonder why there are so many inactive members? How can you wonder?

So here's to not looking back, but going forward for our family. From this moment on I will not think of our time in that awful Branch in NH, I will not think of the people who made our lives a living hell, I will pray the protection and strength that Heavenly Father has blessed us with will continue that I might forget about our horrible experience in Gorham, NH!

1 comment:

All the Angles said...

I am so SORRY that happened to you and your family! My Dad told me something when I was a teenager that has helped me through out my life and that is THAT THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS IS TRUE.. but you will often find people with in the church who are not true to the church or the gospel even though they profess to believe....
This too shall pass....
♥