Saturday, August 27, 2011

Ward Camp-out!

Just got back from the Alderwood 1st Ward Camp-out, and I'm exhausted. I will say that we had a fun time there. We camped at a church owned campsite called Cascade Park, about 30 miles north east of us. It was a very nice campsite on a lazy river with a beach entry. They also had some great barrel swings and a crazy slip-n-slide on a hill which got a little dangerous. They had a huge playground, a volleyball court, and some great hiking trails. The boys had a really great time camping since we haven't been since 2007 (and that was just Jason, Calvin, Ruben, Brendan, and I). Calvin really got into it. He helped Jeremy set up the tent, and he loved sitting by the fire, and then getting all cozy in his sleeping bag. Collin on the other hand was a little nervous about sleeping in a tent. He slept well once he finally got to sleep. Jason, I'm not sure what time he went to sleep. He and some of the youth were hanging out and pranking people. Jeremy was so funny. Someone had asked him, "Did you sleep well?" Jeremy's response, "Well I didn't wake up in my bed that's for sure!" They all just laughed. Breakfast was great this morning, the Bishopric cooked hot cakes and sausage, and they did a great job. Then we all got ready to play! I actually tried to swim in the frigid river, but had to get out because it was too cold. I then sat on the warm sand and laid out. And now I'm sunburned and have a touch of heat stroke. Oh well, I loved laying out on the beach feeling the warmth and not having a care in the world. So that was our weekend camp-out with our Ward. We really had a great time as a family, and also getting to know our new Ward Family.

No comments: