I feel that our family is truly blessed. We moved to Seattle and love it. I have to say the move was a total blessing.
I received a phone call yesterday from the owner of our old house in Gorham. He wanted to ask us a favor of returning our security deposit to us at a later date because of the damage the house received from Hurricane Irene. The hurricane last week affected many inland regions in the north east, especially Vermont and our town of Gorham. He reported to me that the backyard was swept away in the river, about 47 feet in total. The well was also in the back, and was also ruined. The back deck was free floating because the dirt under it had been swept away, so they had to pull it off. The tree line between the river and the property is now gone. The basement of the house was completely flooded with only 2 inches between the water level and the ceiling. The garage and laundry room are ruined and need to be torn down. The house my likely be torn down because it is no longer stable. And with all of the damage, they didn't take the 'flood insurance' option, so they aren't covered for help.
If we were still living in the house all of our possessions in the yard, garage, and basement would have been ruined (about $10,000 worth of stuff). And I'm sure we would have been told to move out of the house because of the structural damage making the house unsafe to live in. I'm so thankful for our blessings. Please keep the people in Gorham in your prayers, they sure could use them.
2 comments:
Wow, that is crazy! I feel so sad for the people of Gorham...but I'm also so glad that y'all left before that all happened.
What an AMAZING blessing! So grateful for you and your family!!! Just in AWE of the goodness and mercy of our Heavenly Father and his son in so many ways! Thank you for sharing!
Post a Comment