"For the husband who told his wife I love you one last time before his plane went down in a field, for the wife who stopped in the stairs to call her husband to say I will love you forever, for the mothers and fathers who kissed their kids goodbye the morning they died, for the policemen who rushed in with the firemen to help get others out only to die themselves, for the soldiers who fought back and lost their lives, today, tomorrow, ten years from now, we will remember!! God Bless America!"
I will always remember the sadness, the fear, and the heart-break I felt for the people in the twin towers on that day. I will always remember seeing the planes hit those buildings and hearing about the other two crashing because of the the hijackers that did not value human life. At the time we were living in Boston and it was Jeremy's first year of dental school at Tufts. I remember the evacuations of all buildings downtown because one of the flights was reported to have left from Boston. I remember telling my husband to hurry home because his school was in a building downtown. I remember hurrying to pick up Jason from school to make sure "all my birds" were back at the "nest". I remember getting phone calls from friends and family members making sure we were okay.
BUT WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER the HOPE, STRENGTH, and LOVE that resulted from that day. The hope for a better day. The strength of the human spirit to endure. And the love for our fellow man. So let's remember those who fell on that day, but let us also remember those who rose to be better from that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment