Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Surgery Update

My sister walks into my Dad's hospital room and gets a glare from the nurse as she says, "And Mr Villanueva it doesn't help that your O2 tube is on your forehead and not in your nose..." Obviously his humor level has not changed due to the surgery.

Anyway, here's the update on Dad. So they removed the intubation tube from him yesterday evening since he was able to breathe by himself. The plan for today was to get him to walk around, remove the cathater, let him go to the bathroom himself, and remove the temporary pacemaker. All was going as planned until they got to the pacemaker. It looks as though Dad's 'temporary' pacemaker will be changed out tomorrow for a 'permanent' pacemaker. The valves and his heart are not working together so he'll need to pacemaker to sync up the rhythm. He says now he'll be the spokes person for Duracell or maybe take over for the Energizer Bunny now that he'll be powered up with one of these batteries.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't worry me, but it does. I know he has the very best Cardiac Team in Canada working on him, which is reassuring, but I still worry. Thanks for keeping him in your prayers.

No comments: